Shoe Scholarship 2018
Tacoma City Running Club is pleased to announce a shoe scholarship program for youth in the Tacoma/Pierce County Area. This is made possible through generous donations from the Puyallup Tribe of Indians and South Sound Running. The intent of this scholarship program is to lessen the financial barrier of participation in running for youth of the Pierce County area.
HOW IT WORKS:
· Coaches submit a request for free shoe vouchers to Tacoma City Running Club to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tacoma City Running Club emails printed vouchers to coaches.
· Coaches distribute free shoe vouchers to athletes/parents.
· Parent(s) or Coaches escort their athlete(s) to the South Sound Running - Point Ruston store. At the store the athletes will be professionally fitted and receive a free pair of free running shoes.
· Financial eligibility is left to the discretion of the coaches. Vouchers should be distributed to students/athletes for whom finances present a barrier for participation.
· Eligibility at this time is limited to students in K through 8th Grade.
· Residence in Pierce County preferred. Ability to travel to Tacoma is a must.
Thank you for your support!
· Request for vouchers to be submitted to coaches by 10/28/18.
· Vouchers will expire 12/31/18.